Image supplied by Visit Cornwall
St Just is a town and civil parish in the Penwith district of Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It lies along the B3306 road which connects St Ives to the A30.
Few towns have retained their character in this century as St Just, the first and last town in England.
Once it was the mining centre of the peninsula and disused engine houses predominate the landscape. In the centre of the town is Plain-an- Gwarry, a theatre used for miracle plays in medieval times.
The fifteenth century church includes part of the 1336 building and a three foot high pillar, the Selus Stone, with a Roman inscription and a Greek monogram in the north aisle was found 150 years ago.
St Just’s history is typical of the whole area, rich in mining, farming and fishing from remote times.